Thursday, November 10, 2016

Hopeful Pessimist, Naive Cynic

PLEASE REMAIN CALM AND ENJOY YOUR DAY. I'm here to tell you that unless this planet experiences a catastrophic cosmic event, there are many days to come - at least according to human definition and probably in your lifetime. Be the best person you can be and channel love, not anger (I can feel eyes wanting to roll).

The next President of the USA has been elected. Less than 60% of eligible voters participated. Trump supporters are celebrating and Clinton supporters are shocked and disappointed. Alas, everybody needs to move on, even though to some it feels like Earth has stopped rotating on its axis. The 24-hr news cycle is a giant global psychological and neurological experiment, which I affectionately like to call a mind-fuck. It's like taking your brain and running it through a blender. Smoothies are not always good for you. You have been drinking US election smoothies for the past 18 months. Granted, it may have tasted better than the anything on the world-wide menu. You shouldn't even be reading this blog.

©Norma Hoeppner 
I too am guilty, despite my lack of conventional TV access, of using my electronic devices to repeatedly and compulsively access news applications and social media. Granted, the human experience, whether it be deplorable or exceptional, has become more complex and I am not particularly well versed in economics or politics. For a variety of reasons, the list being long and omitted here for editorial considerations, I am one of many who are sad and discouraged that Clinton did not win the election. As a Canadian citizen, I am not eligible to vote in the USA, but I live here and contribute to its society and national economy. It is disheartening that 40-plus percent of eligible voters did not do so. Fortunately for me, living on an isolated island is again proving to be advantageous.

Emotions are running high and I'm working on sorting through mine. I don't want to hear people complaining. I also don't want to hear people gloating. Least of all, I don't want to hear people using labels. Not a single one. It is not productive and I'm sick of it. Stop tweeting or whatever. People who want change must think and act outside the box, and guess what...there is a new box outside the current one. It's a hard reality.


FORECAST: Cloudy with a chance of meteor showers, then clearing. Take a deep breath in (you won't develop a respiratory problem because there is no pollution or global warming)...and cough it up!


It's only for 4 years folks. A lot can happen...or nothing at all. Be creative. Be kind.


PS: visit my super-creative friend Norma's website, she always inspires me.

No comments:

Post a Comment